Borders Schools Support for Malawian Education
Scottish Borders/Mary’s Meals Schools Initiative
Scottish Borders Council school meal service are leading a council wide initiative to raise funds to pay for the feeding of the children at two very poor schools in Malawi Chizungulire and Likole Primary schools. They have team up with Mary’s Measl who will provide the meal which will be a cup of Likuni Phala, a maize porridge. For many of these children this will be their only meal of the day. It is this meal that gives them, life, hope and the chance of a life changing education.
There will be a number of initiatives through out the year which children and schools can support. However, after the launch on Burns Day pupils in the SBC schools will be able to help simply by choosing to take a school meal. Yes, it is that simple! SBC will award points for every meal served, these points will be converted into the Mary’s Meals
To help you make pupils aware, we have prepared
- An “off the shelf” assembly which has a short PowerPoint with script, and a Mary’s meals film, this is contained on the attached CD
- Info leaflet
- A variety of Information, Ideas and Downloadable resources for teachers are available from this website.
- If you require any further information about Mary’s Meals then contact Tracy Coughlan Education Co-ordinator T: 0141 336 1853 M: 0791 703 7376 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are that pupils, having seen the plight of the children at , will choose to have a school meal in the knowledge that they will be helping feed the children of Chizungulire and Likole Primary schools.
Downloadable Support Materials – Ideal for Launching this initiative at School Assemblies or Class Lesson
- Mary’s Meals/Borders Presentation – Powerpoint
- Background Notes and Support Script for Presentation
- Mary’s Meal Film “The Difference A Meal Makes” (2 options)
- FLV file – 70 mb file
- Quicktime file – 200 mb file