Reporting to our Senior Finance Manager, this is a varied role with primary responsibility for our statutory and management accounting processes. You will also have responsibility for leading and developing a small team and supporting our National Affiliate family in the development of financial processes and controls. With great communication skills and a drive for excellence and continuous improvement, this role offers an amazing opportunity to use your talents in the furtherance of our mission, as we strive to reach the next child waiting for Mary’s Meals.
- Lead on the production of our annual accounts in line with UK GAAP and statutory requirements.
- Produce a high-quality management accounts pack, including detailed analytics and commentary.
- Work closely with our senior leaders throughout the year on budgets and forecasting.
- Build the capacity of national affiliates finance functions, processes and controls.
- Carry out financial control and financial management tasks, including but not limited to: payment review and authorisation, banking, payroll, management information, budgeting and forecasting.
- Support and challenge the financial control and financial management decisions across the MM family.
A qualified accountant, you will have strong analytical skills and will be comfortable taking a practical approach whether managing people, projects or external service providers.
You will also have:
- Robust experience of working with UK accounting standards and a track record of delivering high-quality statutory and management accounting information
- Excellent Excel skills and significant experience in all aspects of management accounting, including; budgeting, forecasting, trend analysis and management reporting.
- Experience of working closely with and providing operational reports for senior leaders.
- Experience of managing external service providers, including auditors and payroll providers
We are a global movement with a remote-first approach and are happy for you to work remotely and flexibly, in a way that best supports your work life balance. We are open to accommodating part-time working patterns where possible, please let us know about your requirements. We also have an office near Glasgow city centre for those who live nearby and would like to work from here occasionally or on a regular basis.
Mary’s Meals is a global movement supported by people from all walks of life and we are focused on one goal – that every child receives a nutritious daily meal in a place of education. We continue to change the lives of over 2.2 million children who today will receive Mary’s Meals. We are a values-driven organisation, we believe in the innate goodness of people, respect the dignity of every human being and family life and believe in good stewardship of the resources entrusted to us.
This is a fantastic role, where your daily work has real impact, if you are looking for more from your role, then we would love to hear from you. Please click on this link Finance Manager - Mary's Meals International (workable.com) and tell us why Mary’s Meals and this role would be a great fit for you.