Our fundraising guarantee
Our fundraising guarantee to you
As an organisation working in some of the world’s poorest countries, we’re committed to keeping our running costs low to maximise the good we can do with the donations entrusted to us.
At least 93% of all funds we receive are spent on our charitable activities.
We have adopted The Fundraising Guarantee. This means that we will comply with the law as it applies to charities and fundraising and we commit that we will guarantee to adhere to best practice as outlined in the Fundraising Code of Practice.
We will monitor fundraisers, volunteers and third parties working with us to raise funds, ensuring that they also comply with this Code of Practice.
We guarantee to operate in line with the values of the Code; to be legal, open, honest and respectful in all our fundraising. To promote and underpin these values, we commit to the following standards:
- We will be clear about who we are and what we do.
- We will give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and change or stop a regular donation.
- If you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision.
- We will respect your rights and privacy.
- We have a procedure for dealing with people in vulnerable circumstances and it is available on request.
- We will hold your data securely.
- We will communicate with you in accordance with your selected preferences.
If you feel we have not adhered to these standards, or think we could do better please contact our Supporter Care team on 0800 698 1212 or email email@example.com and we will deal with your complaint quickly and thoroughly.
We commit to ensuring our complaints process is clear and easily accessible and we will provide evidence-based reasons for our decisions on complaints.
However, should you be dissatisfied with our response, you will be able to take this further by contacting the Scottish Fundraising Standards Panel. For more information, please visit goodfundraising.scot