Head of Major Giving and Partnerships
Head of Major Giving and Partnerships
Mary’s Meals is a global movement supported by people from all walks of life and we are focused on one goal – that every child receives a nutritious daily meal in a place of education. We offer more than just a career, we offer the opportunity to support our global movement in a dynamic and inclusive environment with a real focus on personal development.
Principal duties include:
- Development and implementation of Mary’s Meals major donor fundraising strategy in the UK, aligned to the global strategy to cover sustainable long term growth from major donor fundraising, grants and trusts, corporate partnerships and legacies.
- Delivery and monitoring of income and expenditure budgets in line with organisational timings and requirements, including providing informed forecasts as required.
- Ensure that the Mary’s Meals approach is adopted in all activities and that there is shared understanding in the major giving and partnerships team of how to build and retain support.
- Ensure all delivery of activity has the necessary checks in place to protect the good name and values of Mary’s Meals.
- Ensure all activity is compliant with relevant legislation and fundraising requirements and best practice guidelines.
- Lead, develop and manage the major donor and partnerships team, monitoring and evaluating activities through set key performance indicators and providing support with staff development.
- Contribute to key decision making within the UK team.
- Lead and develop support through relevant and timely communications and approaches to major donors and partners, including pro active identification of opportunities to produce a pipeline of prospects and income opportunities.
- Proactively identify opportunities to deliver first class support, service and stewardship for donors ensuring they feel connected and part of the Mary’s Meals family, including direct relationship management of a number of key prospects and donors.
- Provide accurate and timely reports and data analysis to the director of supporter engagement and income and the wider senior leadership team.
- Lead on delivering effective grant management for current donors and delivering engaging proposals and applications for potential donors leading to multi year new business income.
- Oversee a successful giving programme from the corporate sector to include affinity partnerships, cause related marketing partnerships, charity of the year adoptions and corporate charitable trust and foundation giving.
- Develop strong working relationships with colleagues to ensure major giving and partnerships plans are understood and supported. Develop strong relationships with our international affiliate development team to develop and maintain detailed knowledge and information on Mary’s Meals programme activity, projects and priority areas in order to keep donors updated on our work.
- Work closely with the UK communications team in the production of fundraising campaigns, communications and resources, ensuring consistency of Mary’s Meals messages and materials.
- Travel throughout the UK, working varying hours on occasion.
- Act as an ambassador for Mary’s Meals, representing the organisation at public engagements and supporter events and, where necessary, delivering speeches or presentations to a wide range of audiences including media.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your covering letter should make a compelling case for why you feel motivated to apply for this role within Mary’s Meals UK, as well as giving a concise overview of your most relevant skills and experience, and should fill no more than two pages of A4.