We believe in the innate goodness of people and that most people share our desire to bring the hope of a brighter future to the many children we serve around the world.
While most opportunities to support charities are genuine, unfortunately, some are fraudulent.
You can protect yourself from charity fraud by:
- Ensuring that any online donations are made through our official website, or via authorised partners like JustGiving.
- Checking that websites are secure by looking for ‘https’ and a small padlock image in the browser.
- Looking for our official logo, address and charity number on letters and emails you may receive.
- Checking that emails have come from a Mary’s Meals email address.
- Hanging up if you receive a suspicious phone call from someone claiming to be contacting you on behalf of Mary's Meals.
What you can expect from Marys Meals:
- We will not contact individuals unless you have donated to or supported Mary's Meals or have asked to be contacted.
- We do not carry out or authorise other people to carry out telephone fundraising on our behalf.
- We do not carry out or authorise other people to carry out door to door fundraising on our behalf.
Let us know
If you doubt the authenticity of an email, letter, social media message or telephone call claiming to come from Mary's Meals, please contact us to check.
How to report fraud
The following agencies might also be able to help:
- Action Fraud is the UK's national fraud reporting centre and central point of contact for information about fraud. It can be contacted at actionfraud.police.uk or by calling 0300 123 2040.
- If you are aware of an act of charity fraud that poses immediate or significant loss or harm, then you should consider contacting your local police force.
- If the fraud relates to online banking, cheques, your debit or credit card, or fraudulent activity in your bank account you should contact your bank or credit card company immediately. The bank will cancel any cards affected and may freeze your accounts while they investigate.
Thank you for all you do to support Mary’s Meals.