Make the most out of your shopping
Support our mission every time you shop!
Did you know you can help us reach desperately hungry children with our nutritious school meals while you shop – at no extra cost to you?
There are lots of popular retailers where you can choose to turn your everyday online shopping into free donations for Mary’s Meals.
Here are some of the ways you can make the most of your shopping…
Every time you make a purchase, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price (excluding VAT, returns and shipping fees) to Mary’s Meals as part of its Smile campaign.
Just follow these simple steps:
- Sign in to smile.amazon.co.uk
- From your desktop, go to Your Account and select the option to Change your Charity.
- Or, from your mobile browser, select Change your Charity from the options at the bottom of the page.
- Select Mary’s Meals as your chosen charity!
To donate Nectar points to Mary’s Meals you must have a Nectar account with a minimum amount of 200 Nectar points.
The next steps are...
- Create a Crowdfunder account and link your Nectar account to donate your points to your chosen fundraising project.
- Select 'Donate with Nectar' at checkout and choose how many points you'd like to donate.
- You can choose to give a minimum of 200 points and a maximum of 1 million points per donation.
- Find out more here.
There are also a number of ‘cashback’ sites that will make a donation to Mary’s Meals on your behalf every time you make an online purchase.
Instead of going directly to a shop, simply access your favourite retailers through a link from a cashback website. You will receive your item directly from the retailer, and you will also get some money from the cashback website. This is because retailers pay cashback sites for sending customers their way – retailers pass some of that payment on to you, and you can choose to donate it to us!
Here are the sites we are registered with…
- Sign up to Easyfundraising for free and select Mary’s Meals as your chosen charity.
- Before buying anything online, visit the Easyfundraising website to see if the retailer is listed.
- If they are, shop via Easyfundraising!
- Once you make a purchase, your retailer will make a donation to Mary’s Meals to say, ‘thank you’. And we thank you too!
- Create a TopCashback account.
- Before buying anything online, visit the TopCashback website to see if the retailer is listed.
- If they are, shop via TopCashback.
- Follow the online instructions to choose Mary’s Meals as the charity you’d like to donate your earnings to.
Give as you Live
- Love the idea of cashback sites but forget to use them? With a Give As You Live account, you will receive a notification reminding you to use Give as you Live when you visit your favourite online retailers.
- Simply sign up to Give as you Live, select Mary’s Meals as your chosen charity and start shopping!
If shopping isn’t for you, you could have a clear out in aid of Mary's Meals! We have six charity shops in Scotland, or you could take part in a local car boot sale or list your items online.
Here’s how to donate your profits to Mary’s Meals:
- Look for “Donate a portion to charity” when you list your item, select Mary’s Meals and decide what percentage of your sale you would like to donate.
- Sell your items and ship to your buyers as usual. No additional steps or paperwork are required.
- We will automatically receive your donation after your item has sold and been paid for.
- eBay will also credit you an equal percentage of your final value fees!